Service Time: (Approximately: 15-30 +/- Minutes)
- Prevents Wear: Protects against friction, wear and corrosion.
- Provides Parts Protection: Provides superior protection especially under extreme conditions.
- Extends Parts Life: Extends differential component life.
- Reduce Expensive Repairs: Helps reduce costly repairs from parts failure due to fluid breakdown.
WHAT DOES DIFFERENTIAL FLUID DO?
- The differential oil lubricates the ring and pinion gears that transfer power from the driveshaft to the wheel axles.
- Gear oil lubricated differentials are found in rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive cars, pick-up trucks and SUV’s.
- Although periodic replacement of the gear oil is specified by vehicle manufacturers to maintain the performance and longevity of the differential, this is probably the most commonly overlooked service in personal transportation.
- Overextended differential fluid service intervals can:
- Lead to gear oil breakdown.
- Cause poor differential performance, noise and even premature failure.
- Allow excessive wear and corrosion of gears.
- Especially under severe service driving conditions such as:
- Stop-and-go driving. (Fluid may need replaced every 15-20k miles)
- High temperatures.
- Heavy loads.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and/or Time: Services are due based on manufacturers recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: When the fluid becomes dirty. (will need replaced more often if not routinely serviced)
- Abnormalities: If fluid has metal, milky or empty. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: High mileage vehicles, or vehicles that have not routinely performed differntial fluid service, may need service performed several
more times later on during routine oil change services, due to excessive fluid degradation
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
Fluid samples are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.