Service Time: (Approximately: 5-10 +/- Minutes)
- Air Quality: Helps increase the quality of air flow through the HVAC system.
- Air Volume: Helps increase the air flow that comes out of the interior vents.
- Reduce Odors: Helps reduce odors caused by mold or mildew trapped in the filter.
WHAT DOES THE CABIN FILTER DO?
- Cabin filters were introduced in the early 2000’s due to consumer demand to have cleaner air inside the cabin.
- Prior to that, drivers had to contend with dust, dirt, pollen, smog, etc. entering the cabin of the vehicle while driving, making for an unpleasant driving experience.
- The cabin air filter keeps:
- Dust, Dirt,
- Pollen, Bacteria &
- Exhaust gases from entering the HVAC system of your car.
- It also prevents:
- Leaves &
- Other debris from clogging up the system.
- Signs that your cabin filter may need replaced include:
- Reduced air circulation from the HVAC system.
- Diminished heating or air conditioning performance.
- Musty odor.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and/or Time: Services are due based on manufacturers recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: When the filter becomes dirty. (will need replaced more often when driving on gravel)
- Abnormalities: If the filter is covered in fluid. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
Cabin Filter conditions are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.